Gems or gemstones are rocks and minerals that are used for their beautiful colors and textures for jewelry, ornaments, and as decoration. Already in the Paleolithic Age, beautiful jewels cast their spell over Mankind.
The History of gemstone jewelry dates back to the Paleolithic Era
But why are gems so valuable? Which gems are there and which is the most precious gem in the world?
Below we answer the most frequently asked questions about gemstones and healing stones.
Here you will find answers to questions about gem properties, effects, colors, care, differences from synthetic gemstones, usage, zodiac signs, chakras and much more.
Frequently asked questions and answers about gems
Here are some common questions about gems. Click on the links to read the answers:
Brief answers to questions:
- How long have gemstones been processed?
From ancient times to the Middle Ages, gemstones were cut roughly. The faceted cut was first done in the early modern period. Diamonds could only be used for jewelry in modern times because of their hardness.
- How long have synthetic gemstones been around?
While real gemstones have been known since the Paleolithic Age, synthetic gemstones have only existed since the beginning of the 20th century. The interest in synthetic gemstones was initially scientific. Later, Auguste Verneuil, a French chemist, developed the first large crystal for commercial purposes. [learn more about synthetic gems]
The following list is still to be completed:
Esoteric and Spirituality
- What is gemstone water ?
- What do gemstones in drinking water do?
- Which gems suit which zodiac? (Birthstone)
- Which gemstone suits me?
- Which gemstone for which chakra?
- Which gemstone is assigned to which element?
- What gemstones are red, pink or pink?
- What gemstones are yellow to brown?
- What gemstones are purple, purple or blue?
- What gemstones are black, white or colorless?
- Which gemstones are green or turquoise?